Ed Opps U-DREAM Scholarship Application Steps
Educational Opportunities for Utah’s Children (Ed Opps) announces the U-DREAM Scholarship Fund competition for graduate and undergraduate students enrolling at Utah colleges or universities during Spring or Fall Semester, 2018.
The goal of the scholarship, supported by the Institute for Mexicans Abroad (IME), is to provide financial assistance to promising low-income students, with preference given to immigrant students who have no other financial resources. The scholarship also seeks to support students who demonstrate a commitment to leadership or service that benefits the immigrant population.
Scholarship amounts range from $1,000 to $2,000 each, and must be used for tuition and/or books during the Spring or Fall Semester, 2018.
Selection criteria for the U-DREAM Scholarship
- Financial need
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Maintain 2.5 GPA or higher during the semester in which you hold the scholarship
- Enrolled at least 6 semester hours (for undergraduates) while receiving the award
- Not eligible for FAFSA grants or loans
To apply, you must submit the following
- Completed application
- Copy of most recent transcripts
- A brief one to two-page essay describing your accomplishments, academic goals and how you plan to use your education to benefit your community
Application deadline: Friday, October 27, 2017
Mail completed applications to:
PO Box 65512
Salt Lake City, UT 84165